Background and Discussion
Stakeholder Management and Donor Coordination Directorate is located in the Ministry under the Chief of Staff. The Donor Coordination function has been the responsibility of International Relations but has since been moved to Stakeholder Management and Donor Coordination Directorate. The Directorate has been without a Director for over a year during which time the Chief of Staff played the role of caretaker for Stakeholder Management.
The goal of the stakeholder Management and Donor Coordination Directorate is to develop, promote and maintain good relations between the Ministry and stakeholders, ensuring information sharing and stakeholder understanding of Ministerial/Departmental Programmes and Strategies; seeking Partnerships for specific programmes with key stakeholders and to liaise with donor agencies regarding funding for Ministerial projects and activities.
Stakeholder Management and Donor Coordination Strategic Objectives
- To develop, implement and evaluate a Stakeholder Management and Donor Coordination strategy that will enable an integrated, effective and efficient management of the Directorate.
- To develop and maintain good relations between the Ministry and Stakeholders
- To ensure Stakeholders understand Ministerial/Departmental programmes
- To establish and maintain partnerships between the Department and Civil Society
- To establish and maintain a database of social development stakeholders
- To respond to requests from Stakeholders of the Department
- To ensure that stakeholders receive departmental topical documents
- To develop a consolidated departmental Fundraising Strategy
- To translate stakeholder and donor interests into costed project proposals and programmes for consideration by the Minister and the Department
- To manage all stakeholder projects and related events in compliance with relevant government regulations, policies and guidelines
- Draft and execute a Stakeholder Management and Donor Coordination Strategy for the Department
- Identify and interact with key stakeholders of the Department.
- Ensure information sharing and understanding of departmental programmes and strategies
- Seek partnerships for specific programmes with key stakeholders e g NGOs, CBOs, FBOs, Women’s Groups, Business, Labour, Traditional Leaders, and Youth formations
- Develop, update and maintain a Ministerial Stakeholder and Donor Coordination databases
- Respond to requests from stakeholders through liaising with line function managers in the department
- Ensure and monitor timeous responses
- Ensure that stakeholders receive relevant departmental documents such as Annual Reports and new policy documents
- Obtain/secure funding to supports departmental projects
- Budget for the costed projects
- Development of projects to be guided by approved Government regulations, policies and guidelines